the center of superfun happy times

9.12.2006

m in hell

Arg.  I hope you find this entertaining.  Im quite frustrated at work as we are trying to hire someone to replace an employee that quit.  Someone we desperately need.  Now I’ve brought forth a bunch of candidates but between politics and company policy, right now we only have one candidate available for the position someone I have fought against, tooth and nail since I heard she applied.  You see I worked with her a few years ago and then she came to a training I was putting on, reaffirming her place in my mind as a waste of oxygen so here is the conversation (with names adjusted of course) immediately occurring when I returned to my desk after a rather violent argument between me and my superior about the idiocy of hiring someone just to fill a space  you see she believes that if we don’t fill this replacement space in the next week well lose it  I believe that if we would be better off not filling it and arguing to get the req reopened.

God I need to drink.

cannuck [1:54 PM]:

If we end up with only the 1 candidate and we hire her, I know you don't like her, but you have to try to work with her

m [1:54 PM]:

You don't have to worry about me trying to work with her... just my job satisfaction

No comments: