the center of superfun happy times

11.21.2006

Time of Death: 6:20

well tonight ended up being one of the scariest and simultaneously most disappointing nights of my life.
I had promised my parents i would return to upstate ny for the thanksgiving holiday. while waiting for the appropriate time to leave i started watching some recorded standup. while watching one of these i was surfing the internet and happened to glance back up to the TV during a commercial for "Lego Starwars II" and saw the following:
"Time of Death: 6:20"
well shit.
that time happens to be about midway through my drive to my parents place.
my car's been acting up.
i slept from 5:30am-7:45am last night and woke up with twin hangovers due to my therapists (cigarettes and bourbon)
seemed like this was a viable omen.
well so i'm driving up, less than an hour out of my place in jersey and i started considering my death...
what are the chances that i would be killed instantly? in my mind, slim.. chances are i would be gravely injured during a car accident and i would bleed out in the ambulance or possibly waiting for medical attention.
thus there was no point in waiting til 6:20 to get worried. i should be ready for my impending doom for the entire tiem upto 6:20
well what if my watch is wrong?
well we will go to 6:30 just to be safe...
well to make a couple hours of torture short, 6:30 hit and i was still on I87 N.
alive
My thoughts:
"Yay I'm Alive!"
"Booo, that would have been so cool if i called my own Time of Death"
"oh shit. 6:20 happens twice a day, every day... i hope i don't get short of breath every time i notice this horrid time"
well, i'm alive. c'est la vie. next tiem i call my own death i'll wait for at least two signs before i publish it.

No comments: